Skip to main content

COMMUNICATION - Part 2

COMMUNICATION - Part 2

Vasu on 28-09-2004:

Dear RC

"Puli Pathungiyathing" karanam therindhuvitttathu ( No mail from you in the past couple of days ! ). What a nice mail.

Y'day night only myself and manni had spoken about you and when manni asked about any mail from you, I told there is no mail from you and said we may receive a big bang at any time.

What you had written is the reallity and everyone is trying to hide ourself inside the constrain - NO Time for anything - and not ready to accept the reality.

I want to share my feelings / rememberence even if it is not revelent to your subject.

Going to Post office to see any letter came to our house at 0800 hours is one of my / Sridhar's main duty when we were at Babu Rao street and I was proud to see the post man answers me on priority to give the letter over others. Most interestingly when we get our school result through post card, I felt great to see my name on the post card rather than the result inside. (Ofcourse due to confident that I will be promoted to next class )

I still remember my first letter that was to you only after your first overseas visit. ( Do you remember ? )

You should be considered as one of the best letter writer and what unique I remember in your letters is you only started numbering your response ( Like 1/2004, 2/2004 etc) so that no one can challange that you had not replied.

Do you remember the filing system in our house for all letters received ? It will be another nice time when I clear all letters at the end of the year to make the file (?) available to take new years letters.

In those days we were quite confident that if postman ( Aaravamuthan) rings his cycle bell at 1530 hours, then it was a letter from Kittu Mama of Salem.

We use back door entry to send letter on the same day itself if we could not post it before 1900 hours at RMS (Thanks to Thambi & Chokalingam) so that it will reach the destination next day as the receptionist will be waiting to see a written mail.

Yes.. by seeing the hand written letter we all become very close and it increase moral support. ( Can time permit / allocate some time to start it again ? )

I am happy for spending some 10- 15 min for typing / posting this mail during which I remembered the golden memory of those days.
****************
RAJAPPA replied to Vasu on 28-09-2004

My recent mail on Communication has already brought out a gem of a letter - from YOU. My memories were kindled by your wonderful narrations.Particularly, regarding that "file" of old letters. Whenever I came to TPR from Pune / Hyd, my top priority will be to read those letters. What an experience that was!

Also, your "if postman ( Aaravamuthan) rings his cycle bell at 1530 hours, then it was a letter from Kittu Mama of Salem." did bring out fond memories of Kittu Mama. When we were in Salem recently, I made it a point to visit Rukmini Mami and see her. We went. Those letters from Kittu Mama that you talk about flooded my mind; and I explained to Vijaya, Kumar, and Lalitha that we used to get letters from KM every week, no failing in that habit till he passed away. He was the "best friend" to our father GRS, I told this group.

My efforts - today it took more than 2 1/2 hours to type and then bring the length down to 600-words - have already paid off. Thank you Vasu. And Ashok.

*************

SRIDHAR on 28-09-2004:

Dear RC

COMMUNICATION. What an important & strong word in everybodies life, which we are all ignoring now-a-days. Truly, it is bad.

Just 2 days back only amma was telling to me, once, for the first time in my life I wrote a letter to my father in English. He was so proud of it and he had shown the letter to amma atleast 4-5 time on the day he received and he was keeping the letter for a long time in his diary. The one small inland letter got tears in my eyes that day.

The power of communication!!

I can remember one more thing also. I was at G.D.Naidu's institute, coimbatore for 3 months and it was just like a prison life. Everyday in the lunch time we use to get our letters. Every student at the institute were very keen to get their letters from the relatives /parents. Every week i used to get a letter from my mother/father. The day i get the letter the day was the happiest day for me.

The power of communication!!

For the past 18 years I am into the powerful communication media - advertising. I think I have'nt realised the real meaning of it. Your today's mail disturbed me a lot.

The power of communication!!

Thanks Chiththappa.
28 Sep 2004 11:00

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kumar-Lalitha Sashti Aptha Poorthy

Kumar celebrated his Sashti Aptha Poorthy (60th birthday) on 03 June 2009 at Annanagar West. Rudra Ekadasi was performed at 05:00 AM; we didn't attend this. Ganesan had come from Mumbai on 2nd June afternoon 1:30 PM and he stayed with us. Ramani came by train on 2nd morning and he stayed with Lalitha at Avadi. On 3rd, we two and Ganesan took ARUN's car with a driver and went to Annanagar by 0815. The rituals were going on already. Indira, Sruthi, Akila, Raja, Aparna, Jyotsna were already there. Later, Saroja, Athimber came. Gayathri, Sowmya, Sriram came with Sudha and her inlaws in a calltaxi. Krithika came with Aditi in their car, with a driver. Arvind took ill suddenly, so he couldn't come. TSG and mami came. The function was a nice one; it was over by 1215 PM. After lunch all of us started leaving. We were home by 2-15PM. rajappa 11:00 am on 6 June 2009

TRVG's daughter's Marriage

TR Venugopal is known to us since 1971 from our Poona days. He is now Senior Accounts officer at DMRL, Hyderabad. He performed the marriage of his daughter JANANI with Natarajan at Nanganallur Chennai on Sunday, 10th July 2011. Vijaya and I attended it. Venugopal on the right, his wife Saraswathi on the left We left house at 6-10 AM in Wagon-R and reached the Rama Mandiram Kalyana Mandapam at Nanganallur by 6-50. The Mandapam is just next to the Anjaneyar Koil. There we met my former colleagues at ERDL Cell, DRDL Hyd. Ganesan, Nair, Jagadeesan, Saibaba, Subba Reddy, Srinivasa Reddy, S Venugopala Murthy, Venkataramaiah, Ramakrishnaiah, Kaleeswaran, Mohan Rao, Rangarajan etc; they had come with their wives. Ganesan and his wife Gomathi with us NAIR (behind Vijaya) his daughter PREETHI (next to Vijaya) Preethi's husband (Airforce, Agra) is also seen. Venkataramaiah, Srinivas Reddy, Ramakrishnaiah, ME, SVG Murthy, his wife Vijaya, Saibaba's wife, Saibaba Ramalakshmi, now a

Anna Centenary Library, Kotturpuram

ANNA CENTENARY LIBARARY (அண்ணா நூற்றாண்டு நூலகம்) is a newly established State Library of Tamilnadu. It was declared open on 15th Sept 2010. Located in Kotturpuram, Chennai. This last Sunday, 1st May 2011, we hit upon the idea - we will go and see this library. No serious reason, but a sudden whiff of fancy. Vijaya, her old classmate and friend Mrs Prema, and I left house at 3-30PM. A bus upto Madhya Kailash, and an auto thereon, left us at the gates of this huge, beautiful building at 4 PM. From the outside, it was immensely impressive and imposing - maybe of 9 or 10 floors, exquisitely constructed. As we walked the lawns to reach the Main Entrance, the interest in us was bubbling. (Caution: Handbags, Cameras are strictly prohibited. Even waterbottles are not allowed inside the halls.) There is a 5-feet bronze statue of Mr CN Annadurai, in whose name and honour this library is built. This is the Tamilnadu Chief minister Mr M Karunanidhi's pet project and he, as usual, has ov